the ideal self-study tool
Learner training and vocabulary, pronunciation, language skills work
outside the classroom
Learner English and its uses
Why do Inspector Clouseau
and Ali G sound funny?
on Language Awareness: Pragmatics
The key to avoiding slips
UK version ¦ US
word of the month
'I know how to spell banana,
but I dont know when to stop!'
Tips for the CD-ROM
Create your own activities with SmartSearch
Create activities with
SmartSearch: Conditionals >
- They were warned that if the rebels did not surrender,
severe reprisals would follow.
- There is a large body of people who would use
public transport if fares were cut.
- She would be in pain for the rest of her life, if
you could call it a life.
- Nobody will think badly of you if you fail.
- It goes without saying that customers would be
happier if prices were lower.
- It will go bad if you dont put it in the
- It would be a pity if they had to cancel the show.
- If youre going to succeed in this job you will
- If you were given the choice, would you prefer a
cat or a dog?
- If you leave the club, you will not be allowed back
- If you fail the exam you will have to take it
- If you could change three things about your job, what would
- If she is sent to prison, what will become of her
- If Luke paid more attention in class, he would
achieve better results.
- If I wanted to get a job in advertising, what do you think
my chances would be?
- If I ask for more money will you back me up?
- I would go mad if I had to stay in bed for three
- Hes only got himself to blame if no one will
talk to him.
- Even if the drug is banned, a lot of people will go
on using it anyway.
- Will my car be safe if I park it in the street?