the ideal self-study tool
Learner training and vocabulary, pronunciation, language skills work
outside the classroom
Learner English and its uses
Why do Inspector Clouseau
and Ali G sound funny?
on Language Awareness: Pragmatics
The key to avoiding slips
UK version ¦ US
word of the month
'I know how to spell banana,
but I dont know when to stop!'
Tips for the CD-ROM
Create your own activities with SmartSearch
Create activities with
SmartSearch: Conditionals >
- They were warned that if the
rebels did not surrender, severe reprisals ________ follow.
- There is a large body of
people who ________ use public transport if fares were cut.
- She ________ be in pain for
the rest of her life, if you could call it a life.
- Nobody ________ think badly
of you if you fail.
- It goes without saying that
customers ________ be happier if prices were lower.
- It ________ go bad if you
dont put it in the refrigerator.
- It ________ be a pity if
they had to cancel the show.
- If youre going to succeed
in this job you ________ need allies.
- If you were given the
choice, ________ you prefer a cat or a dog?
- If you leave the club, you
________ not be allowed back in.
- If you fail the exam you
________ have to take it again.
- If you could change three
things about your job, what ________ they be?
- If she is sent to prison,
what ________ become of her children?
- If Luke paid more attention
in class, he ________ achieve better results.
- If I wanted to get a job in
advertising, what do you think my chances ________ be?
- If I ask for more money
________ you back me up?
- I ________ go mad if I had
to stay in bed for three weeks.
- Hes only got himself to
blame if no one ________ talk to him.
- Even if the drug is banned,
a lot of people ________ go on using it anyway.
- ________ my car be safe if I
park it in the street?